1) Compare and contrast the character Justine (in Sade’s Justine) with the character Therese in Zola’s Therese Raquin. Describe the characters and the different narrative techniques employed to portray them. Please discuss how female sexuality is depicted in each novel.
2) How would Pangloss fit into Sade’s novel Justine? How would he philosophise in the world of the libertine?
3) Compare the love story in Voltaire’s Candide with the relationship between Therese and Laurent in Zola’s Therese Raquin. Is romantic love prioritised in the novels? Also mention the significance of- (or lack thereof) romantic love in Eldorado.
4) Discuss the import of money and economic concerns to the characters in Voltaire’s Candide and Zola’s Therese Raquin. Further, discuss the different ways in which these novels critique their societies.
2)Introduction (Introduce the reader, main argument )
3) Body (development, supporting arguments)
-Sub argument( You should support with giving page numbers, citation & quotation)