Discovery and Delivery Skills Quiz: What’s Your Profile?
To get a quick snapshot of your discovery-delivery skills profile,
take the following self-assessment survey (1 = strongly dis-
agree; 2 = somewhat disagree; 3 = neither agree nor disagree;
4 = somewhat agree; 5 = strongly agree). Remember to answer
based on your actual behaviors, not what you would like to do.
1. Frequently, my ideas or perspectives diverge radically
from others’ perspectives.
2. I am very careful to avoid making any mistakes in my work.
3. I regularly ask questions that challenge the status quo.
4. I am extremely well organized at work.
5. New ideas often come to me when I am directly observ-
ing how people interact with products and services.
6. I must have everything finished “just right” when com-
pleting a work assignment.
7. I often find solutions to problems by drawing on solu-
tions or ideas developed in other industries, fields, or
8. I never jump into new projects and ventures and act
quickly without carefully thinking through all of the issues.
9. I frequently experiment to create new ways of doing
10. I always follow through to complete a task, no matter
what the obstacles.
11. I regularly talk with a diverse set of people (e.g., from
different business functions, organizations, industries,
geographies, etc.) to find and refine new ideas.