You will create this assignment following the Assignment Detail instructions below. This assignment will be submitted in the Unit 2 – Submission Assignment lesson in intellipath.
Review the tutorial titled How to Submit the Intellipath Submission Assignment.
Please submit your work to this week’s Intellipath Unit Submission lesson. Click the Upload button within the submission lesson to access the submission area. Click the Select File button to upload your document, and then click “OK” to finish.
Quandaries in Health Care
Declining Trust in the Health Care System (The Trust Crisis)
Health reform is mired in the morass of multitier payment systems and multiple modes of access, limited by the ability to seek and to pay. Increasingly, patients are interacting with multiple entities within the system, causing more and more confusion on the part of the patient. According to recent research, patients’ trust in the system, providers, and insurers continues to decline. This may result in a decline in individual health and an increase in costs for health care.
Investigate the declining trust in the health care system from an ethical and moral position. You may use the four principles plus attention to scope model of Beauchamp and Childress or any other ethical model that you choose to address this.
Complete the following:
- State what model you will use to investigate this issue.
- Identify 2 or more legal issues contributing to this problem.
- Identify 2 or more economic and financial issues contributing to this problem.
- Analyze the impact of various issues that are contributing to this problem, and rank them in order from greatest to least impact.
- Propose at least 1 modification that would increase trust in the health care system with rationale.
Please submit your assignment.
Your assignment will be graded in accordance with the following criteria. Click here to view the grading rubric.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
If you are planning to repurpose an assignment or submit one you have used before, please let your instructor know. If an instructor is not made aware of work being repurposed or reused, he or she will treat the assignment as a plagiarized task and reserves the right to post an F grade and submit a task for review to administration until proof of originality is provided. Click here for more information.
The following are some tips if you have problems submitting your assignment:
- Resave in the proper format per the Assignment Detail instructions, and resubmit.
- Submit with a different Web browser.
- Submit from a different computer.
- Call Technical Support at 877-221-5800, Menu Option 2. They are open 24/7.
- If you are still having difficulties after trying steps 1–4, please contact your course instructor.
Make sure you submit this assignment by the listed due date. Late deductions will apply for this assignment as follows:
- Assignments submitted within 7 calendar days after the stated due date: 10% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 8–14 calendar days after the stated due date: 20% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 15–21 calendar days after the stated due date: 30% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 22–28 calendar days after the stated due date: 40% penalty of total assignment points.
- No assignments, including late assignments, will be accepted after the end of the course unless an approved Incomplete has been granted.