Three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business are:
1. Health and safety at Work Act
2. National Minimum Wage Act 1998
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Three key points of legislation that affect employees are:
1. Data Protection Act 1998
2. The Equality Act 2010
3. The Working Time Regulations
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
Internal sources of information:
1. Terms of employment contract
2. Organisation policies and procedures
3. Informed college
4. Line managers
5. Trade union representatives
External sources of information:
1. Citizen Advice Bureau
2. ACAS (Conciliation and Arbitration Service)
3. Government agencies
5. Legal professionals
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
Representative bodies are organisations that represent the interest and rights of the employees.
They can offer support to employees by negotiating pay and terms of employment and providing information, consultation and legal services. They also can help employees with pensions and collective redundancy issues.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
The employer has the responsibility to develop and apply policies and procedures reflecting equality and diversity latest legislation, make sure that the line managers promote fair treatment and train the employees in equality and diversity topics.
The employees responsibilities are to understand and respect the policies and procedures of the organisation regarding equality and diversity and respect others regardless of disabilities , ethnicity, gender etc.