1) Northwest Airlines applied mathematical models to determine which customers in its database were
currently responsible for most of its profitability and which customers were not currently profitable but had similar characteristics to the most profitable customers. Northwest Airlines utilized _____ to identify these customers.
A. computer programming
B. data warehousing
C. customer relationships management
D. data mining
2) Minute Maid sees research as the fundamental first step in any business decision, and it created proprietary methods for conducting research. At what level of the hierarchy of business decision makers does Minute Maid operate?
A. Top tier
B. Middle tier
C. Base tier
D. Foundation tier
3) Which of the following questions is considered first when discussing a management dilemma?
A. How can management eliminate negative symptoms?
B. What does the manager need to know to choose the best alternative from the available sources of action?
C. What is the recommended course of action?
D. What symptoms cause management concern?
4) The goal of ethics in research is to _____.
A. ensure that no one is harmed
B. protect researchers from legal liability
C. identify what behavior is appropriate
D. ensure research sponsors fulfill their legal obligations
5) _____ occurs when the participants are told only part of the truth or when the truth is fully compromised.
C. Informed consent
6) The process of stating the basic dilemma and then developing other questions by progressively breaking down the original question into more specific ones is called the _____.
A. research question
B. management-research question hierarchy
C. management dilemma
D. management question